Kathryn Moorhouse is a Pinterest Expert and Social Media Strategist based in South Africa who helps high-performing female entrepreneurs grow their audience and income. As an entrepreneur herself, she understands the ins and outs of marketing an online business, and her passion for Pinterest has led to an expertise in that niche.
With degrees in Investment Management and Marketing, Kathryn began her career in the corporate world but soon realized the corner office might not be for her. Then she became an au pair and discovered a need for kids’ clothing compatible with outdoor activity, so she founded the handmade brand, Zoey and Logan. She sought strategies for growing that business through Facebook groups, and connections she made there led to VA work managing social media accounts for other businesses. Kathryn soon found that Pinterest was her forte, and she has narrowed her focus to a single platform.
She is an obsessive planner and organizer with a deep love for good coffee, doughnuts and going on adventures around the world. On this episode of the podcast, Kathryn communicates strategies for landing clients and the value of choosing a niche!
The secret to a successful business
- Identify a need and provide the solution
- Kathryn’s work as an au pair led her to build a children’s clothing line
Kathryn’s advice for landing clients
- Reach out to current clients and encourage them to share your availability with others
- Join Facebook groups and other communities in your area of expertise
- Look for posts related to what you do and provide free value by answering questions
Kathryn’s parameters for niching down
- Is this specialty something that really appeals to you?
- Is there a market for this service?
- Will the service provide results for your clients?
The beneficial features of Pinterest
- High-performing lead generator
- Acts as a search engine (like Google, but pretty!)
- Untapped market
The value of focusing on a specific niche
- As an expert, you gain confidence in your abilities
- Your desire to dig deeper provides better results for your clients
Kathryn’s best tips for budding entrepreneurs
- Give yourself a bit of grace
- Put yourself in a position to connect with potential clients
- Be open to growth and refine your skills
- Make the decision to go for it
- Progress is better than perfection
Connect with Kathryn Moorhouse
Kathryn Moorhouse is a Pinterest and Social Media Strategist based in South Africa. She is also the founder of the handmade baby and kids clothing brand - Zoey & Logan. Her love for business and passion for helping others, opened up opportunities for her to help other female entrepreneurs up-level their business using Pinterest. She is an obsessive planner and organizer with a deep love for good coffee, doughnuts and going on adventures around the world. You can find her at: